Are you aware that you’re eight times more likely to be involved in a home invasion attack than you are to be involved in a house fire?
When intruders enter your house forcefully, whether for the thrill of it or to rob you and take your family hostage, this is considered to be a home invasion.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking home invasions only take place in high crime areas. Home invasions are also taking place in suburbs and rural areas. These attacks are more common than most people think.
Some statistics to think about:
- In more than 85% of all break-ins, they enter through a door.
- It can take less than 10 seconds to kick-in a door.
- Police response time to a typical home alarm is often greater than 15 minutes.
- A home that has been burglarized is 4 times more likely to be burglarized again.
- A burglary occurs every 15 seconds in the United States.
Now is the time to plan a home defense strategy that will keep you and your family safe if you’re ever faced with a violent home invasion attack.
This 2 hour class will cover the following
- How to make your home less of a target.
- How to fortify your home.
- Home defense tactics that will help you survive a violent home invasion.
- Safe rooms, what they are and what they aren’t. How to effectively choose, prepare, and use them.
- Action versus reaction time.
- The best home defense weapons.
- Situational awareness.
- How and when to clear a house.
- We will be evaluating some real stories of home invasions.
At a bare minimum, reinforce the weak points of your doors. For a great product to help with that, see Armor Concepts.